Want to help make a difference and volunteer for a great cause? We are looking for volunteers to work as part of Vision Australia’s Seeing Eye Dogs Team in Kensington.
SEDA is the only national provider of dog guides specially bred and trained to act as dog guides for people who are blind or have low vision. These unique dogs provide the ‘gift of independence’ and freedom in day-to-day life by becoming the ‘eyes’ of a person who is blind or vision impaired.
Please check the vacancies page above, as some of volunteering opportunities at SEDA may include the following:
- Work as part of the main office team
- Duties include: greeting clients/customers, answering calls, computer work, filing, printing, laminating, binding and assisting with event preparation
- Monday to Friday between 10am and 3pm.
School holiday program and tours
- Assist with the running of the School holiday program and other Seeing Eye Dog tours
- Use your public speaking skills
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Help us to deliver a unique experience to our visitors and supporters
- Work as part of the kennel team
- Duties include grooming, meal preparation, enrichment, cleaning and general maintenance
- Gain valuable industry experience and get to know our wonderful dogs
- Kennel volunteers work from Monday to Friday, mornings or afternoons
- Help us raise much needed funds by picking up and dropping off our collection dogs
- Covers Moonee Valley, Hume, Moreland, Melton, Brimbank, and city of Melbourne council areas
- Meet our local business supporters and source new locations to place our collection dogs
- Speak at public events such as schools, hospitals and open days
- Raise awareness, educate the community and share personal experiences
- Gain practical skills and experience assisting our Maintenance Manager with various projects
All Vision Australia volunteers are required to undergo training and a police records check prior to commencement of service.